Things which are part of IR camera
There are several things which come with these infrared cameras including:
- Two gigabyte memory card that allows you to store as many as twelve hundred fully radiometric visual as well as IR imagery in .is2 format along with sixty seconds of voice annotation or three thousand images but of basic .bmp format.
- Software for analysis as well as smart view reporting.
- To simplify image download on any computer you are provided with a card reader.
- A hand strap, user manual and carry case.
- Battery that allows you to use the camera continuously for three to four hours and is rechargeable also.
- Operates of AC power supply and has power saving option that is built in and sends the infrared camera into sleep mode when not used for 5 minutes & automatically turns it off if the camera is not used for 20 minutes at a stretch.
In the following section we will go through some of the common features of these infrared cameras:
- The camera allows quick identification of problems with the help of several viewing modes like the blended thermal, totally IR thermal and picture in picture modes.
- Infrared cameras have special design due to which they can bear drops from two meter height.
- These devices can detect minute temperature variations with their excellent thermal sensitivity (NETD).
- Availability of sixty second/image voice annotation to record things found during inspection.
- High quality 640 x 480 color display which is LCD.
- Temperature measurement level that is sufficient to cover every type of industrial plus commercial needs.
- These infrared cameras have image refresh rate of nine Hz as well as spatial resolution (IFOV) equaling 2.5 mRAD.
- Infrared cameras have detector with uncooled microbolo meter and also array of type focal plane (160 x 120).
You can use these IR cameras for:
- Locate unbalanced loads in different power distribution stations.
- Trace overloaded systems as well as locate fuse box harmonics.
- Figure out component or insulation failures occurring in capacitors or insulators.
- Find out mistakes in wiring in fuse boxes and similar other places.
- Trace bad cooling resulting from lower airflow taking place in substations.
- Know about problems in insulation occurring in motor windings.
- Locate friction taking place in bearing due to less lubrication or misalignment.
- Trace damage to structure due to worn out pipes in old metal foundries.
- Find information about heat gradients and steam leakages.
Thus we can see that infrared cameras are quite useful in locating problems in different types of installations and are effective diagnostic tools. These devices have several features which make them the ideal choice for various maintenance programs as well.
Get free daily email updates!